Sunday, July 25, 2010

Danny Boy



Oh Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
From glen to glen, and down the mountain side
The summer's gone, and all the flowers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go and I must bide.
But come ye back when summer's in the meadow
Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow
'Tis I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so.

And if you come, when all the flowers are dying
And I am dead, as dead I well may be
You'll come and find the place where I am lying
And kneel and say an "Ave" there for me.

And I shall hear, tho' soft you tread above me
And all my dreams will warm and sweeter be
If you'll not fail to tell me that you love me
I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.

I'll simply sleep in peace until you come to me.


I just heard this song as I am sitting listening to Hymns on this beautiful Sabbath morning, just chillin and enjoying the peace and quiet at work, reflecting on my life and the things that I have accomplished and yet need to accomplish. This song was sung at my dads funeral and I know that it has always been a favorite of my moms. I am missing my dad and wish he were here to see my kids and meet Filipe and Ana. I brag about what an awesome chess player he was and love it when Lipe tells me "oh man I would whip that fool in some chess", ha for one thing Lipe is an amazing chess player but my dad was smart like that and for another thing those of you that knew my dad, NO ONE made a statement that they would "WHIP" him in anything, all that did was make him show you that you would not win, whether it was Chess, or a good ole fist fight. So yeah, am thinkin I am going to have to go with my dad on that one. :)

I know things didn't end up they way that my mom and family had planned, but I do know that when I was eight years old I entered the St. George Temple and was sealed to my parents, and I truly believe in my heart that when the time comes for my parents to be reunited that all will be forgiven and made well and that our family will continue to forever be eternal. I am truly thankful for the man that he was and is and know in my heart that bacause of the plan of salvation, as long as I live the commandments and do the things that I am supposed to do, I will see and be with him again.

So Danny Boy, Dad, Dan Ramsey, I love you so much, I miss you, but am thankful for the foundation of that gospel that you and my mom raised me on and that I can know in the center of my soul, I will be reunited with you again. Hugs and Kisses. xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I had the coolest experience yesterday on the plane from Destin FL. to Charlotte NC. When I traveled to FL, no one spoke to me on either f...