Sunday, October 25, 2020

Faith Over Fear


So I did a thing yesterday. I exercised my freedom to Vote. I am not going to lie, the feelings I had when I walked out of there were a mixture of pride, relief but most of all FEAR... a few weeks ago I saw my prophet stand in front of the world and remind us that if we are prepared and have faith there is no reason for fear... this election, pandemic and hatred that our world is seeing has really started to take its toll...when I hit that final step voting yesterday “SH&$” got real... I was definitely triggered and the fear rushed through my body, and the tears came rolling down my cheeks... my head began swirling with a hundred thoughts...”I didn’t feel prepared, have I done enough, am I a good person, what is going to happen if Biden wins? Will we lose our freedom? Will we become one of those countries we all hear about where the government is in complete control? What’s going to happen to my children?”
I saw my sweet husband sitting in the truck waiting for me and just like a small child when we are scared and see someone that protects us, I began to cry... I could see the look he was giving me, a look of confusion and as I climbed into the truck I blurted our how scared I am for the future...he comforted me but deep inside the fear continued to rise... we are only a few weeks away from this election and I have seen so many peoples demeanor change... I have seen good, decent people turn ugly towards their neighbor who has a different political view...I have seen them criticize and talk bad about friends and family who disagree about this pandemic and how it should be handled...Satan is hitting us very loud right now, the Holy Ghost is still that “Still Small Voice”, we are getting bombarded with the “LOUD” and chaos surrounding us!!! The stronger Satan is in our life is because he is fearful of us... he is having to be louder and fight harder to try and turn us...
I posted a pic of my sticker on FB that I voted and some of the fears I have been having... my sweet friend Christine reminded me and I quote: "The world is crumbling and I keep praying people will turn to Jesus, and pray for our leaders..I loved this quote in conference (This isn't about politics, it's about peace). All I can do is my part, and hoping we can bring a little more peace those in our homes and around us, all I have control over". 
I know that I need to just let go and let my heavenly father take the wheel. I need to lose the the weight of peoples opinions and remember that they have their agency just as I have mine. Something else I need to work on is "promoting what I love instead of bashing what I hate". I sometimes struggle with the people I work with bashing me and saying things behind my back, I tend to want to argue with them, but read something the other day that really resonated with me " Don't worry about those who talk behind your back. They're behind you for a reason"!!" My patrichael blessing says I will be a "woman among women, one that is looked up to by not only members of the church, but members of the community that you live in".
I am going to pray for my church leaders and the leaders of this country that I live in. I am proud that I served and although it was hard on me physically and mentally I would do it all over again.
I am choosing "Faith over Fear".

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I had the coolest experience yesterday on the plane from Destin FL. to Charlotte NC. When I traveled to FL, no one spoke to me on either f...