Thursday, July 22, 2010

I am feeling old

So Kyli is going to be 18 in two days, and I am feeling quite old. I can remember the day I found out I was going to have a baby I was so excited. I was having the worst cramps though and no morning sickness. I was told that maybe I had a tubal pregnency and that I had to wait two weeks for an ultrasound to make sure she was in the right place. Whew what a relief it was so see that little dot on the ultrasound and know she was growing in the right place. When she was born she was so stinkin little, only 5lbs 14oz and 17 inches long, I can remember she was healthy just small and she was so dry, there was no amneotic fluid around her and her skin was yucky, but when they got her cleaned up she was beautiful, she had a head full of blond hair and still has an amazing head of hair.
Well my beautiful daughter is leaving home soon and has graduated. I am so proud of her and am looking forward to the life she is about to begin to experience. I know that she has a strong foundation and I have given her the tools that she needs to succeed. It is not always going to be easy, but I pray she will hold onto the rod (remember camp Ky when I persuaded you to let go how devistating it was), and remember her heavenly father loves her and wants her to ask for his help to get her through the trials she will face.
I am truly thankful for being blessed with the opportunity to be a mother and that is one of the greatest blessings I have and I cherish every moment. Go forth my daughter and shine. I love you Ky and Happy 18th Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I had the coolest experience yesterday on the plane from Destin FL. to Charlotte NC. When I traveled to FL, no one spoke to me on either f...