Friday, November 18, 2011

Just Me


So I saw this picture earlier this evening and loved it. The caption under it was "My mom said I was special". He is so cute. So I am writing about me tonight. I am special. I recently had Gastric By-Pass surgery on October 19. I am four weeks post surgery and down 19 lbs. I already feel so much better. I am completely off my diabetic meds and should be off my high blood pressure meds in about three weeks when I go back for a follow up. I am still on light duty at work and working out everyday.

I really feel like it was a good decision on my part and know that this is a lifestyle change for me and my family. So far they have been so supportive especially Lipe. He is simply amazing. Thanksgiving is next week but I know I am going to be fine.

So heres to a new lifestyle, a healthy lifestyle. I know there are going to be days where it may be tough, but I have a great support system. I think right now my biggest fear is losing my hair. I have been reading and studying about most people losing their hair around the three month mark. My hair is ME. I have always said that was my best feature. I sure hope it doesn't fall out. SCARY.....

I already have so much more self confidence and have had fun dressing up the last few days.

I love my life right now and am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I had the coolest experience yesterday on the plane from Destin FL. to Charlotte NC. When I traveled to FL, no one spoke to me on either f...