Thursday, September 3, 2020

Parts of Me - Reflection Page 35

<
NOTE: I did not write the following, it is from a book entitled "Parts of Me" by Kimberley Z. Tent. However, I feel very connected to this Kimberley was a Canadian Royal Mountie and our careers seem to have been very similar. Her poetry spoke to me, however this one is pretty deep. 

 REFLECTION: I remember when, fire ripped through my chest, when there were no limits to my dreams. When, the wind tousled my hair, and when there was no measuring my miles. I remember when, the ocean invited me in, and when there was no holding me back, when the mirror smiled back at me and when there was no hatred or fear. I remember the first time I lost my way, and when there was a cocoon left behind. But through it all, I remember most, the day when my own reflection mattered. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment

  I had the coolest experience yesterday on the plane from Destin FL. to Charlotte NC. When I traveled to FL, no one spoke to me on either f...