Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Dad Song

Daddy why did you go so soon, I wasn't ready yet
Each day I think of you trying hard not to forget
All the times you took my hand a lesson to be learned
Now I have children of my own, and each day for you I yearn

CHORUS:
Please Heavenly Father, can you open heavens doors today
and let my daddy hear all the things I need to say
Can you let him reach down here and take me by the hand
I need his love right now, I need to understand

When I walk outside the door, my eyes look up to the sky
Wishing you were here right now standing by my side
So much to tell you dad, so much I need to say
What I wouldn't give to have you here for just another day
(CHORUS)

As I get on my knees and thank thee for the blessings I have
I will always remember to thank you, for giving me my dad
For the blessings you have given me and my family
But most of all dear lord, my dad for eterny
(CHORUS)


No comments:

Post a Comment

  I had the coolest experience yesterday on the plane from Destin FL. to Charlotte NC. When I traveled to FL, no one spoke to me on either f...