Thursday, May 28, 2009

Is It Really Almost June?

Well it has been a few months since I have posted anything, and I have tons of stuff I want to get on here. But reality has set in this last week as school is winding down. On Saturday we went to two graduation parties in Jo City and it really hit me that this time next year, I will have a graduating Senior. Kyli Cheyenne, is going to start her Senior year in two months and wow I am a little emotional about that fact.

The Second and Third weekends of May were spent in the valley at the State Softball Tournament. Our girls made it to the State final game and needless to say although we did not win, what an accomplishment it was for them to get there. Winslow High School has not had a team in the state finals since my Junior Year when we took state and that was 21 years ago. I am proud of Ky and her team for making it that far and we have a bright future to look forward to next year as we have 8 of the 9 starters returning. These girls work hard and should be proud of themselves.

Kelly's last day in Junior High School was yesterday and I am so proud of him, he has struggled in Jr. High and those teenage years, but he is an amazing young man and I know that High School should be good for him. He tried our for cheer and made the J.V. team, and he is excited for that. He is going to Utah in three days for the whole month of June and is very excited about that. He will be taking some acting and dancing classes and just hanging out with his cousins.

Cooper is playing little league baseball right now and doing an amazing job for his team. His team is struggling as a whole, but they are a good little group of boys and his coaches are great. They are teaching the boys about sportsmanship and other life lessons and I think that is great. They are not about having to Win every game and they are very supportive of their team. Cooper is doing a great job at Catcher, Pitcher and first. He is an awesome ball player and I am so proud of him.

Ana is keeping us all busy with her drama and antics. She is three now and so stinkin cute. She is very dramatic and is three going on twenty three. She went to her first birthday party this week and had a fun time. She dressed in her princess outfit and went with a bunch of little princesses for their princess party. Happy Birthday Ava and thanks for the invite. She went to Phoenix with us and loves the ballgames, especially with her very best friend Brynlee. They have been the best of friends through the softball season and are going to miss each other now that the season is over. Ana is a great little swimmer and I anticipate that by the end of the summer she will be swimming. She absolutely loves it and is so comfortable in the water. I think that by the time she spends with me and Auntie Mary in the pool she will be a little fish by the end of the summer.

I have the most amazing and talented kids. They are all so well mannered, good students and I love spending all my time with them. My life would be so much better if I didn't have to work and could just spend each day with my kids and family. I love them so much and they are growing up too fast and a year from now I will lose my first one to graduation and our family is going to miss her, but I am excited for her and to see what is going to prosper for her in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I had the coolest experience yesterday on the plane from Destin FL. to Charlotte NC. When I traveled to FL, no one spoke to me on either f...