Friday, May 29, 2009

Birthday

Well here it is, another birthday for you know who....I don't know if I want to disclose how old I am today, but lets just say that I am pushing the big 40....Uggg I remember thinking how old that was and now here I am....but I guess it mostly sucks because up until Aug of last year, I didn't feel that old, but since getting hurt, I feel really old and run down now....

So its only 5 in the morning and already my birthday has started out great....Lipe is not accustomed to doing the whole gift and card thing, so he has struggled the last four years, in his culture they don't really exchange gifts and all the hoopla....so last night he tells me that he didn't get me anything for my birthday, and I was teasing him because our Anniversary was also this week and zero, nada, nothing....so I was teasing him that he was losing points.....so he ends up taking the kids to Wal Mart because Brayliana wanted to get me something for my birthday....well when I got into my car to come to work, there was a card in there for me, so that was awesome....then I walked into dispatch and there was a dozen roses sitting on the table here at work, and they were so beautiful....I pretty much knew they must be for me and then I checked the little card and that confirmed it....there are 11 red roses and 1 white rose with pink tips....it was sticking a little higher than the others...

So yeah later on he called me and I was teasing him telling him that I have a Secret Admirer, he asked me why and I told him that I had a dozen red roses sitting here at work, and he told me that they couldn't be from him....I asked him why and he told me that if he would have sent them there would be 11 red and 1 another color....I asked him what the symbolism was for that and he said that the one that is not red stands out and is unique, just like me......awwwwwww okay you can gag if you want, but I thought it was awesome.....so that's my birthday rolled in at midnight....I know the kids have some things planned and I am looking forward to that....I was trying to get it out of Ana last night, and she wanted so badly to tell me, but Kyli and Kelly were threatening her with her life if she told me and then they yelled at me to leave her alone and quit trying to get it out of her....

Well it looks as though the graduation night went well and there have been no major incidents here in dispatch....I am so looking forward to my trip to Utah tomorrow and possibly seeing another old friend, Kristen Kimberlin Christensen....I hope it all works out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I had the coolest experience yesterday on the plane from Destin FL. to Charlotte NC. When I traveled to FL, no one spoke to me on either f...