Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Journey

Friday I began a "Journey". I bought a book through the LDS Bookstore, 21 Days Closer to Christ. I began my journey on Friday and honestly after just two days I am feeling better already. I have been really struggling lately, not being able to go to church for the last five months and attending my meetings regulary and attending Relief Society, has really taken its toll on me. I have not followed up with my own personal study as I should have and I am feeling it.
So I began my journey on Friday and have Filipe on board. We spent some time Friday reading the first chapter and it talked about Jesus and his deciples and his invitation to Come and See, Come and Follow Me and just trusting him and following him with all your heart.
I am so blessed in my life and I know that I have some issues that I need to work on, but I am blessed.
Day two of the journey talked about the different names that Jesus is called and about knowing your name, honoring it and being true to it. Bring honor to yourself and family and be able to know and be confident that when someone hears your name, they will have good thoughts, and know that you are respectible, honorable, dependable, charitable, sincere, faithful, and all that you can be.
I love my heavenly father and am making a vow to not let myself get into the situation that I did. I may not always be able to attend my meetings because of work, but that doesn't mean that I have to go without getting spiritually fed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I had the coolest experience yesterday on the plane from Destin FL. to Charlotte NC. When I traveled to FL, no one spoke to me on either f...